Christian Comic Arts Society

A Network of Christian Fellowship for Comics Fans, Pros, and Amateurs

Mine is currently using a small pocket sketchpad and a brush marker and no pencils or computer editing.

Views: 88

Replies to This Discussion

Paper, pencils, at the kitchen table. Someday I'm going to get one of those top-end Wacom Tablets.

Hey, everybody:

There's something that has occurred to me over the years: Drawing full-size on an 8x11 paper, then scanning them, then fitting them to a page via computer. Would that work?

Hi Mike,

You could do that if you want your comic to be of similar dimensions; but the comic page is generally a different aspect ratio.

Also, comic boards tend to be large because when you shrink your drawing it will look sharper and imperfections disappear. 

I draw all of my comics digitally since I have to submit them to the printer digitally anyway, and it gives me incredible flexibility too, with erasing and color management, not to mention shading and highlights. 

Tom

Not sure if you mean drawing at the final print size, but I did try that years ago. Tom is absolutely right, shrinking makes your art look better.

That said, I draw my strip on 8.5x11 card stock. I just break the strip across the pages. (two 1/4 panels or one 1/3 panel per page.) You do have to be careful how things end up looking when the panels are back together. Occasionally I'll find a box or something from one panel looks like it continues on the next, which looks confusing.

Right now I am using printer paper, a standard pencil, a good eraser and a ballpoint pen, all black and white. 

RSS

Welcome to the Christian Comic Arts Society (CCAS) Online Network!

Did you know that CCAS has monthly meetings in the Los Angeles area? Contact Eric Jansen for more info!

Also, members of CCAS have produced the APAzine ALPHA-OMEGA for over 25 years!  We have about five openings right now!  Contact Eric Jansen for more info!  (This is a 30-member active-participation-only photocopied magazine for Christian writers and artists who submit a "trib" every other month for fun, fellowship, and critiques by other members.  Between postage and your photocopying costs, you might pay anywhere from $5 to $25 per issue.)

© 2017   Created by CCAS Web Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service