Christian Comic Arts Society

A Network of Christian Fellowship for Comics Fans, Pros, and Amateurs

I'm a non-standard pianist meaning I don't perform or write any set style, but I still love it as much as I love my other talents. I used to play African Drums like the jimbe (may be misspelled) and I even helped make few. I learned clarinet in elementary school, but I haven't kept at it like I have those other instruments especially the piano...anyone else play an instrument or has other musical intrests?

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

As I mentioned in my testimony, I play sax.  I played it for about 25 years.  I love jazz.  Growing up my church considered jazz sinful.  After getting saved there was much controversy about my jazzy style.  I'm playing mostly piano now and some flute--still jazzy though.  I think God likes jazz.

I've played guitar since I was 15.  Get to play worship here & there sometimes, depending where I happen to be.  Also took a few semesters of keyboard in college.

Music is usually the only thing that's competed seriously with my drawing pursuits.  ;p

God totally likes jazz!  Why else would he create it?  ;)

Warrior Richardson said:

As I mentioned in my testimony, I play sax.  I played it for about 25 years.  I love jazz.  Growing up my church considered jazz sinful.  After getting saved there was much controversy about my jazzy style.  I'm playing mostly piano now and some flute--still jazzy though.  I think God likes jazz.

I play a few instruments and sing. I also write and record. Here's my music http://jothamdavidparker.bandcamp.com/

P.S. It's spelled "djembe".

Making this post to resurrect this group LOL! I'm a bassist, I've played bass for Lakewood Church orchestra in the early 90's Under Joel's father Pastor John Osteen and several other churches big and small, paid and unpaid. My wife and I teach.

RSS

Welcome to the Christian Comic Arts Society (CCAS) Online Network!

Did you know that CCAS has monthly meetings in the Los Angeles area? Contact Eric Jansen for more info!

Also, members of CCAS have produced the APAzine ALPHA-OMEGA for over 25 years!  We have about five openings right now!  Contact Eric Jansen for more info!  (This is a 30-member active-participation-only photocopied magazine for Christian writers and artists who submit a "trib" every other month for fun, fellowship, and critiques by other members.  Between postage and your photocopying costs, you might pay anywhere from $5 to $25 per issue.)

© 2019   Created by CCAS Web Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service