Christian Comic Arts Society

A Network of Christian Fellowship for Comics Fans, Pros, and Amateurs

Hello all,

Upon returning after a long absence, I couldn't help but feel this site could use some streamlining. What is the primary goal of this site? Forums? Social networking? Art galleries?

Since the emphasis of this site is comics and stories, I feel like a gallery feature should be front and center; the first thing you see on a user's page. There should also be a gallery on the main page featuring the most recent uploads.

On my user page alone there are at least 12 sections/widgets. That's just way too much! My eyes get text blur and the layout is a mess. Is there any option to redesign it? I'm really not feeling the Facebook structure because it just isn't conducive to the visual arts and storytelling.

This site could use less text clutter and more simplified features like other art sites (doodle addicts, kofi) while encouraging fellowship and correspondence (Deviant Art) by way of comment sections and PM. A favorites section would also be a great way to refer our favorite creators.

The banner of the site is also way too big and eats up most of the screen when you first arrive.

I hope I don't sound picky but it's good to stay on top of innovating like competing sites and make things easier and practical for the users. I would be happy to draw and post some layout suggestions.

What do you think?

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Q: What is the primary goal of this site? Forums? Social networking? Art galleries?

CCAS website is a user-run site without a current leader or visionary. Ralph Miley, one of the originators, still occasionally checks in. Eric Jenson maintains security and promptly responds to emails sent by going to the bottom of the page: “Report an issue.” He is the one to give you/us the most meaningful information on the structure of the site. Tom Montgomery has something to do with site design as well. The site went through its last restructuring about August of 2017.

I like the rest of your suggestions: fewer widgets and a larger gallery.

Ah, I see. I just messaged all three and linked them to this discussion to get their thoughts.

Thank you, Brien :-)

If there is way way I can help, I am excited to do so. Looking forward to more thoughts.

RSS

Welcome to the Christian Comic Arts Society (CCAS) Online Network!

Did you know that CCAS has monthly meetings in the Los Angeles area? Contact Eric Jansen for more info!

Also, members of CCAS have produced the APAzine ALPHA-OMEGA for over 25 years!  We have about five openings right now!  Contact Eric Jansen for more info!  (This is a 30-member active-participation-only photocopied magazine for Christian writers and artists who submit a "trib" every other month for fun, fellowship, and critiques by other members.  Between postage and your photocopying costs, you might pay anywhere from $5 to $25 per issue.)

© 2019   Created by CCAS Web Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service