Christian Comic Arts Society

A Network of Christian Fellowship for Comics Fans, Pros, and Amateurs

Or would it be too boring for readers? What if you could make it fun, making stories that go around it? To prove God exists and that there is no doubt about it? Maybe having some athiest characters question God's existiance and then through research the Christain characters show the athiests proof of God that they would have a hard time denying?

 

I think it would also make Christian comics more intelligent and possibly be taken more seriously like many graphic novels today.

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's funny that you should say that because I entered a christian comic book competition through comix35 and it was exactly about that. They wanted a comic book adaptation to the popular apologetics book, "More Than a Carpenter" Sadly though nobody won.
Honestly I think that would be a perfect book to create if you want to win souls to Christ. But it has to be done right. You can do two things... either you can make it it's own monthly title, or you can place that comic in the back as something extra to read as part of a monthly title.
Maybe do a comic adaptation to an apologetics book. I think it would inspire people to do there own research and take them back to the bible.
Uh you know what site you are on right? Christian "Comic" Art Society. Sorry dog. On this site they are called comics. You can make a comic in a funny paper and it can cause some one to be saved if it reaches them. A Christian stand up comic through his routine can lead some one to Christ. Yeah salvation is serious but the medium used to reach someone can be anything including a comic.

Mantis Force said:
the word comic should be replaced with the graphic novels,
their is nothing funny about salvation
Oh yeah and the Mantis project looks cool.

Mantis Force said:
the word comic should be replaced with the graphic novels,
their is nothing funny about salvation
Ya that could be a good idea.
Should Christian comics go into apolgetics?


Sure why not. Nothing stopping it from happening. This could be done one of several ways one of which Buzz already pointed out.

You could:
1) Make humorous stories that make the point
2) Explain the position using a "Scott McCloud method of Exposition"
3) Do one pagers that present the idea
4) or...or...or....

But yes - I think it would be fantastic to see apologetics move from stuffy academic books to a more engaging method of transfer. If you can do it, do it. Go! Go! Go!
Yup. I agree totally. Knock it out the ball park. Looking at your comics and how you do them I think it would be cool to read something like that. David Are you asking this question because you are thinking about doing this?

Martin Murtonen said:
Should Christian comics go into apolgetics?


Sure why not. Nothing stopping it from happening. This could be done one of several ways one of which Buzz already pointed out.

You could:
1) Make humorous stories that make the point
2) Explain the position using a "Scott McCloud method of Exposition"
3) Do one pagers that present the idea
4) or...or...or....

But yes - I think it would be fantastic to see apologetics move from stuffy academic books to a more engaging method of transfer. If you can do it, do it. Go! Go! Go!
Yes, trying to create a fun, but still intelligent Christian comic. I would have random non-believers getting into debates with my characters and they carefully research the facts and also study other religions. I have even thought it would be great to have an "epic" debate between the Christians and Muslims, like a sort of saga that would prove that Christanity is the only way. At times my characters could feel trapped at these discussions, not sure what to say. Maybe eventually put all those stories about Islam together one day as one book.
I really think that is special project. One worth doing. Take your time on that one. Really find out what the muslim perspective really is. So it can be a tool for reaching them.

I think the Muslim nations hearts are ready to change their faith to Christ. A Missionary came to my church one time who goes over there to Islam every so often and he said that God has been filling there dreams with Christ and God speaking to them, and instantly they give their hearts over to Christ. And the people who have gotten the dreams have never even heard of Jesus.

David Duarte said:
Yes, trying to create a fun, but still intelligent Christian comic. I would have random non-believers getting into debates with my characters and they carefully research the facts and also study other religions. I have even thought it would be great to have an "epic" debate between the Christians and Muslims, like a sort of saga that would prove that Christanity is the only way. At times my characters could feel trapped at these discussions, not sure what to say. Maybe eventually put all those stories about Islam together one day as one book.
Interesting idea. How would we set up a scenario so that the book doesn't become a talking heads kind of thing?
Just depends what audience you're going after and of course what the purpose of your narrative is.

Is it strictly entertainment, or is there an underlying purpose for creating the work.

With Eye Witness (www.headpress.info) I tried to walk the narrow path between apologetics/evangalism and entertainment. Why? Because I wanted the books to not only be educational and enlightening for those who might have never really dug into the events surrounding the birth of the faith, but also with enough "umph" to attract the casual comic/gn reader.

R.J. Luedke
Hmmm.... Hey David. Yo. How would you go about getting the comic done? Meaning who would you get to draw it? Color it? How would you get it produced? And get it into the market? Do you have a plan? Have you been working on it? Or has it been on the back burner? Let me know? This was an old discussion but I'm curious?
Add drama, humor and whatever it takes to keep readers interested?

Elgin bolling said:
Interesting idea. How would we set up a scenario so that the book doesn't become a talking heads kind of thing?

RSS

Welcome to the Christian Comic Arts Society (CCAS) Online Network!

Did you know that CCAS has monthly meetings in the Los Angeles area? Contact Eric Jansen for more info!

 

Also, members of CCAS have produced the APAzine ALPHA-OMEGA for over 25 years!  We have about five openings right now!  Contact Eric Jansen for more info!  (This is a 30-member active-participation-only photocopied magazine for Christian writers and artists who submit a "trib" every other month for fun, fellowship, and critiques by other members.  Between postage and your photocopying costs, you might pay anywhere from $5 to $25 per issue.)

© 2019   Created by CCAS Web Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service