Christian Comic Arts Society

A Network of Christian Fellowship for Comics Fans, Pros, and Amateurs

This is a email Ive sent to Image Marvel and DC and they have not got bck to me please read and maybe you can help or send this to someone who can thank you(________ are were I inserted Image Marvel and DC in)

Dear _________

My Name is Cameron Hortenberry. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and I am a Sr. in Scarlet Oaks Career Developent Campus. I am doing Sr project on the whole processes in making a comic book. If you could give me info on it I would greatly appreciate if you did. Also I need to have some type of interview with some one that is involved in this process, email interview or phone or what ever it may be. So if anyone could get back with me it would help me a lot. If no one at _____ can help me then if you could direct me to someone who could.

Thank You so much
Cameron Hortenberry

Views: 237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I work with Roman Morales III (Chaos, Marvel, Comico, and Blue Water Prod.). I am an inker/colorist. Roman has done pro work at the aforementioned companies, I will have my first pro work out this month, inking Roman for Blue Water Prod. If you still need help with this let me know.
Thanks,
greg Harms

(ghosthillgh(at)yahoo.com)
Hi Cameron,

I have had experience in every aspect of comic book creation but concentrate on penciling. I would be happy to answer any questions as well. info(at)baezcreativearts.com.

J.C. Baez
Hello Cameron,

I'm Clint D.Johnson, long time Christian Comic Arts Society member. I'd love to assist. Currenty I produce a web comic through New creationnow.com called The Footsteps of Matthew Cross: FaithWalker. I've been involved with a number of publishing ventures an d can aid from pencils to print /concept to completetion. Tommorrow is sort of hectic, the evening is the best time for actual conversation.
My contct info is:
Clint D. johnson
hm: 661 940.1731
clintdjohnson@yahoo.com
www.newcreationnow.com

God bless you
Dear Cameron,

Is it the process you're after or getting an interview? If it's the former then there is quite a bit that has been written about the process; especially as it relates to Marvel and DC and their internal procedures. If you're after an interview then you're going to have to do some company research and try to make a connection with someone there. It never hurts to write; however, if you take a moment to try and find something more about who you're writing to it might go a long way to getting a response. Try this, who is your favorite artist at either place? Write to that person specifically c/o the company address. They will almost always get the letter and if you tell them what questions you have about them, their artwork, or the process of working in a corporate comic environment more often than not they will write back to you. Be gracious and polite and that sincerity will be rewarded :-)

Best of luck!
Michael Moss
Cameron, my name is Leon Garcia and though I am not in the comic biz I know of a person that may be able to help you. His name is Sean Galloway and he has done covers and some interior work for Teen Titans his url is http://cheeks-74.deviantart.com/ I have talked to him and he is a great guy that might be able to give you a hand. Good luck:)
Sean "Cheeks" Galloway does some fun work. He also worked on some animated stuff, i believe.?
Wow thank you all I dont know who I will use but I will check in your guys art and stuff. I really didnt think any one would reply you guys have all made my day!!!!!
I have knowledge also. I have beedn published and I am currently working with an independent comic company pencilling a comic called The Power Company. I can answer various questions. I have been behind the scenes in production of making sketchbooks and with creators.
Hey Cameron,
I'd be happy to do an email interview:
doug@douglasklauba.com

and I can point you to some online interviews for you to look through.
DK
Hi Cameron, I'm Darren Brady the art director for Community Comics. I'm an artist as well and have done many comics and Illustration for maintstream publishers. goto www.communitycomics.com and go to the who page to learn more about me and my partners.
thanks D.
Community Comics is a cool christian comic company with writers like Ben Avery and Artist like Darren. You guys staying busy over there?
g-
I'm a former publisher and now writer for IDW. I've been on both sides of the publishing process, both as editor-in-chief and now freelance writer. I'd be happy to help. Email me at mail@taylorverse.com.

RSS

Welcome to the Christian Comic Arts Society (CCAS) Online Network!

Did you know that CCAS has monthly meetings in the Los Angeles area? Contact Eric Jansen for more info!

Also, members of CCAS have produced the APAzine ALPHA-OMEGA for over 25 years!  We have about five openings right now!  Contact Eric Jansen for more info!  (This is a 30-member active-participation-only photocopied magazine for Christian writers and artists who submit a "trib" every other month for fun, fellowship, and critiques by other members.  Between postage and your photocopying costs, you might pay anywhere from $5 to $25 per issue.)

© 2020   Created by CCAS Web Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service