A Network of Christian Fellowship for Comics Fans, Pros, and Amateurs
On Janurary 16th Brian Durham issued an Art Challenge:
'm offering a new challenge... 14 comics/storyboards, 14 sketches, 14 pen&ink, 14 pastels, 7min of video, 14 scratch-arts, or 14 paintings in the month of February of 2017. This is just time on the paper/canvas/masonite/scratch-board/computer program for anyone who's interested. I think everyone can do this.
I've looked at the prior challenges, and I think I've found a few things that lessen participation. The first is notice. Notice comes within hours of the challenge rather than weeks from the challenge. The second is life. If someone gets a project that pays their electric bill, I can't expect them to put a challenge higher on their priority list. The third is limitations. There are so many art mediums and styles that limitations can inhibit participation. So... this is my attempt to resolve these issues.
1. Anyone of the 7 things mentioned above completed at any time during the month of February. Space it out or do it all in a 3 day weekend. Post it here or give a link to where it is by midnight of the last day of February 2017.
2. This contest is not about how pretty the art looks, it is about doing the work. Good luck.
3. CCAS... the content of the artwork has importance
3D modeler suggestions:
1. After you model
2. Try to export your model as a png (it's a common image file type)
3. Try to import your model your png as a layer in a program like GIMP and then you might want to start painting on the layer above the layer you imported your picture to.
if you have no tablet... the pen tool in GIMP will be very helpful.
7min of video includes:
2. animation 2d/3d
3. interactive video(aka visual novel)
4. interactive game(aka game scene @ 7min; agk2/rpgmaker)
I need the practice even though I don't have much time for it, so I'm going for it. Who's with me?